GoGrid First to Deliver Hosted Private Cloud Infrastructure Leveraging Proven Public Cloud Technology
January 20, 2011
January 20, 2011 – (HOSTSEARCH.COM) – GoGrid, a leading cloud infrastructure company, today announced the introduction of an enterprise-grade hosted private cloud solution - a revolutionary advancement in cloud computing built for enterprises, service providers, financial institutions and businesses in other key verticals. The GoGrid Hosted Private Cloud offers the award-winning capabilities of GoGrid’s public cloud in a completely dedicated and secure environment – all with no hardware procurement or resource sharing.
Contrary to other “private cloud” offerings available in the marketplace, GoGrid’s Hosted Private Cloud service delivers on the true value of cloud computing by converting capital expenditures to operating expenses, ensuring that infrastructure components can be deployed in a self-service, pay-as-you-go model, and ultimately providing scalable programmatic Infrastructure-as-a-Service. Most importantly, GoGrid’s solution is a hosted and managed environment running on dedicated hardware for each enterprise which means there are no costly and time-consuming data center environments to set up and maintain.
“The GoGrid Hosted Private Cloud is a remarkable solution in its ease of deployment, security and reliability,” said Lee Cardona, director for Orange Business Services. “We’re simply amazed at GoGrid’s ability to quickly deliver a private cloud that has all of the benefits of their public cloud on dedicated hardware that isn’t shared with any other customers, and that is fully supported by GoGrid’s technical support and accounts teams and industry-leading SLA.”
Built with proven technology and best-in-class features, the GoGrid Hosted Private Cloud provides many benefits including:
- Dedicated Solution – GoGrid’s highly-secure solution is dedicated to each customer and includes hardware, software, and networking. There is no sharing of compute, storage or local (Layer 2) networking resources which means that all levels of data, server integrity and security are fully ensured.
- True Cloud Computing Characteristics – GoGrid’s Hosted Private Cloud adheres to the critical characteristics of cloud computing including no capital expenditure, complete self-service and control, a pay-as-you-go model, and vertical and horizontal scalability of on-demand infrastructure, all as a maintenance-free offering.
- No Expensive Hardware or Software Costs – No additional purchases and upgrades are required as enhancements are automatically included with the service offering.
- Near Real-Time Implementation – Unlike other private cloud or software virtualization offerings, the GoGrid Private Cloud can be delivered quickly. There is no lengthy waiting period for hardware to be requisitioned, configured and deployed because the GoGrid solution is specifically built for quick and easy adoption.
- High Performance Cloud Technology – GoGrid’s Cloud technology has been benchmarked by numerous 3rd parties as a top performer in a variety of measurement tests including I/O, CPU and other pertinent metrics. GoGrid provides this same high-performance infrastructure within the GoGrid Hosted Private Cloud.
- “Cloud Bursting” Capabilities – allows for the seamless integration to the GoGrid Public Cloud for additional on-demand capacity.
According to Ted Chamberlin, Research Vice President at Gartner, “Enterprise adoption of cloud computing is accelerating but many find that hurdles exist in pure public or private cloud models. Hybrid cloud models including hosted private cloud offerings will stimulate adoption by bridging the gap between current and future cloud-based IT infrastructure requirements. Enterprises require tighter security controls, rigorous auditability, and predictable management of cloud computing services and hosted private clouds provide the means to do so.”
The new GoGrid Hosted Private Cloud includes flexible management tools that enable customers to have complete control of their infrastructure. With enterprise IT and finance departments in mind, the sub-account and chargeback capabilities provide usage transparency and controls preventing “server sprawl,” allowing customers to hold individual employees and business units accountable for infrastructure consumption within their organization. Enterprise businesses can easily understand and manage costs associated with their private cloud implementation and more easily forecast and plan future resource allocation and usage.
“I am proud that our Hosted Private Cloud is yet another GoGrid pioneering market introduction that helps enterprise IT organizations execute their cloud computing plans,” said John Keagy, chief executive officer and co-founder at GoGrid. “GoGrid’s Hosted Private Cloud is the first infrastructure solution that delivers the complete set of benefits and features expected from a public cloud computing environment - on private, dedicated hardware. Our customers realize that service offerings that only deploy dedicated hardware powered by virtualization software don’t deliver on the true benefits of cloud computing and are cost prohibitive.”
Thousands of leading IT experts choose and rely on GoGrid’s Cloud infrastructure services. GoGrid’s award winning technology enables sysadmins, developers, and IT professionals to create, deploy, and control cloud environments and complex virtual and physical server networks with full administrative control. GoGrid’s industry standard specifications and robust service offerings are powering thousands of businesses globally to achieve previously unrealized efficiencies. Deploying a GoGrid infrastructure solution using a Standard or Partner Server Image, free hardware F5 load balancing, Cloud Storage, private VLANs and much more takes minutes via a web interface, API, or iPhone application. GoGrid provides users the control and advanced capabilities of a data center environment with the flexibility and immediate scalability of the cloud.
blog comments powered by Disqus