January 6, 2012 – (HOSTSEARCH.COM) – Softaculous Ltd., the developer of Softaculous Auto Installer that simplifies Application deployment on various hosting platforms, announced the launch of Softaculous 3.9 on 3rd January. This version has several new features and bug fixes.
Softaculous 3.9 has following changes:
1) Added the RESELLER Control Panel for Resellers (For cPanel and DirectAdmin).
2) Resellers can rebrand Softaculous for their users.
3) Resellers can change settings and define multiple plans in Softaculous for their users.
4) Admin and Resellers can now delete multiple Plan at once.
5) Admin can now make a Default Softaculous Plan that will be applied to all users who dont belong to any of the existing Plan.
6) Better Search interface in the Softaculous Enduser Panel.
7) Added Importer for cpAddons (For cPanel).
8 ) Now user can install the scripts to http://IP/~user/
9 ) While upgrading an installation, the current version was not checked. We have implemented the Core feature in this version.
10) HOOKS : phpversion can be defined in the pre_install.php hook. This is useful if you are using multiple PHP versions.
12) Bug Fix : Fixed the bug that caused the Backup failure on few servers.
13) Bug Fix : Remaining space bug in cPanel fixed.
14) Bug Fix : The install button used to load slowly when clicked. This is now fixed.
15) Bug Fix : Copyright Fix - Correct Year.
Softaculous Scripts Library has now reached the milestone of 260 Scripts
Softaculous Auto Installer integrates into popular hosting control panels like cPanel, Plesk, DirectAdmin, H-Sphere and Interworx and allows the user to install any application by the click of a button. There are lots of script categories like blogs, forums, micro blogs, wikis, social networking, image galleries, ERP, Project Management, Educational, etc. One can also upgrade these applications when new versions become available. Softaculous also offers Demos, Ratings, Reviews and screenshots of the various applications.
"We are extremely excited to launch Softaculous 3.9," said Pulkit Gupta, Softaculous founder and CEO. "and soon you can expect new features to be available in the next version. The best part is that these apps can now be installed by the click of a button on your Desktop or Office Server using Softaculous AMPPS, which is a WAMP stack with Softaculous."
To address the needs of different hosting providers, Softaculous is available as a Free product or as a Premium product. The Free version has only 59 apps while the Premium version currently has 260 Apps.
Softaculous Apps are also available in the form of Virtual Appliances. The Virtual Appliances (called Webuzo) contain all the necessary server software required to power the various Apps. Webuzo is a LAMP stack with Softaculous installed on a CentOS Machine. Webuzo can help any user deploy Web Apps on their Desktops or in the Office. "You can deploy so many office related apps with the help of Webuzo e.g. a user may want to deploy MediaWiki or DokuWiki for internal documentation and Webuzo can help you do that without you having to install any server software." said Chirag Nagda, a developer at Softaculous. Webuzo can also be deployed in the Cloud which helps users to access their apps from anywhere. Webuzo was announced in mid June.
Recently the company also released AMPPS - A Windows stack of Apache, MySQL, PHP, PERL, Python and Softaculous. Users, especially developers, can use this software stack to install any application on their Desktops. AMPPS also has two PHP binaries and users can switch between the latest PHP version and a legacy PHP version by the click of a button.
Softaculous was founded in 2009 with the goal of helping users to deploy apps by the click of a button. Softaculous is already being offered by leading Data Center’s and Web hosting companies around the world.
blog comments powered by Disqus