globat.com Reviews

globat.com
26 reviews of globat.com

Terrible!
I've been with Globat for over ten years and every minute has been hell. There are continuous "upgrades" to your hosting plan, with corresponding increases in price. I've had my website hacked twice, with little customer support to explain or fix it.

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since June, 2002

Bad Billing Practices
They send emails with opt-out upgrades. I.e. unless you answer them, you have bought the upgrade. Even worse, they reopen old accounts and start billing them again, and adding upgrades, since no-one is answering the mails.

Services Period: Past customer during January, 2007 - June, 2009

New customer for 5-6 months, did not read any reviews about Globat but quite happy to use them.Have had my share of run around by the tech support team (they really do try to help you but sometimes it is often the customer who is confused about the setup

Services Period: Past customer during August, 2011 - December, 2011

Globat tried to automatically upgrade me over ten times within a year. I've emailed as well as talked to their customer service on many occasions to stop, but they continued to try to automatically upgrade me. At last, I went to another ISP.

Services Period: Past customer during May, 2004 - April, 2006

Globat was recently purchased and the new owner moved all the sites to a new platform. The move changed files and the moved sites were unrecognizable. They moved me back to the old platform and sent me an email ordering me to find a new server. No refund!

Services Period: Past customer during December, 2008 - June, 2009

6 yrs. Thousands of bucks in billable time wasted (not kidding) waiting for globat server to reconnect, all day long. Incomprehensible tech support. Dubious business practices. Unreachable most of the time. Run. Save yourself.

Services Period: Past customer during January, 2003 - March, 2009

The automatic upgrades are maddening. They seem to come in batches. Careful searching required to opt out.On the technical side I can never understand why Globat site will be up, but my site is down. Explanations haven't been believeable.

Services Period: Past customer during September, 2005 - February, 2008

I had 2 websites with Globat and Couldn't wait to dump them! Cust. support/service was horrible. AFTER I yanked both sites they fraudulently charged my cc for renewals. Six months later and still no refund! Told me I have to wait to next cycle. STAY AWAY

Services Period: Past customer during September, 2005 - September, 2007

Steer clear. They are intent on making your life difficult through undesired upgrades and extremely poor customer service. I do not recommend Globat at all.

Services Period: Past customer during September, 2006 - October, 2007

Globat continually applies "automatic upgrades" to your account, upgrades they charge you for unless you beat them to the punch and opt-out. They are more expensive than other hosting services and the unexpected charges lead me to highly not recommend th

Services Period: Past customer during May, 2004 - October, 2007

Review globat.com

Your review of globat.com

Your domain hosted with globat.com