HostForWeb Reviews

HostForWeb
397 reviews of HostForWeb

Worst host ever
I used to be a big fan of HostForWeb, until my VPS started going down regularly. After a "maintenance upgrade" last week, server has been down for days, sometimes 12 hours at at a time. Support calls and tickets go unanswered. A nightmare.

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since May, 2011

24 hours and counting my dedicated server down
My "fully managed" dedicated server has been down for the past 24 hours with ZERO communication from tech support in the past 12 hours. They can't even tell me if my issue is being actively addressed. My 100+ hosted clients are not amused.

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since January, 2010

It takes over a month to extend an expiring website
So frustrating. The workers don't think or cannot think. They do not know exactly what to ask or write to customer to get the job done. It used to be a great company.

Services Period: Past customer during January, 2002 - April, 2017

Service is Sliding
I used to really like this host provider. But I think they must have recently incorporated an offshore call center to handle calls. They cannot understand my instructions, even when I add them to the tickets, myself.

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since January, 2001

Very bad experience
Incompetence, ignorance and poor communication is a simple way to describe this company. I regret making a decision to move my sites to hostforweb

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since June, 2016

Not worth it if it was free!
HostFor Web is a company we used for nearly 10 years and now it has completely fallen apart. We have had normal websites and ip's blacklisted by Google because of their horrible service. Avoid at all costs. Not worth it if they paid you!!!!

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since September, 2006

They don't let you go
6 months after cancellation they still try to bill me

Company Response: Chris, we have investigated your issue. Unfortunately, service was never cancelled with us, that is why it was renewed each month. Thank you for being our customer for 7 years!

Services Period: Past customer during January, 2001 - July, 2015

Email Servers Blacklisted Everywhere, Website Often Down
I had endless important business emails bounce, both incoming and outgoing. They are on all the blacklists, which means other servers will reject email from them and won't send email to them. They allowed my site to stay down way too often.

Services Period: Past customer during January, 2006 - March, 2014

Hostforweb have a lightening quick connection!
I found Hostforweb to be very helpful and competent in answering any questions or making changed to my site. Admittedly I am only hosting html based site, but have a steady flow of visitors, who extremely rarely report downtime.

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since January, 2014

I am extremely happy with Hostforweb services!
Can express the point that Hostforweb is awesome, the support is professional when they aren't being asked any newbie's questions. The price can't be beat, the Control Panel is really easy to use. The site has always powered my web site with ease.

Review HostForWeb