The Planet Reviews

The Planet
19 reviews of The Planet

Thank you for choosing The Planet, please stand by while we connect you to the next available agent
You are now speaking with Ryan Lee!
Ryan Lee: Thank you for contacting The Planet, my name is Ryan Lee. How may I assist you today? (If you currently

Services Period: Past customer during February, 2007 - August, 2009

These people are the worst! Terrible service - no one calls you back after they force you to the message center.

The lastest scam: they will not close my account UNLESS I log in to the system... which is locked. Stil billing $200/mo

Services Period: Past customer during May, 2009 - August, 2009

You really do get what you pay for, the customer service/tech support/accounting departments are all inept. Service wise, the bandwidth quality is poor and subject to spikes.

Services Period: Past customer during September, 2004 - December, 2008

We have suffered multiple outages on our server at The Planet. They've offered no service credits or apologies. And now we've been fighting with them because they refuse to cancel our account. I would never do business with them again.

Services Period: Past customer during December, 2005 - August, 2008

They have some of the best specs for dedicated servers for the lowest prices. Their management tools are great. I have had some concerns with their reliability lately though. After the explosion they then had a large security breach.LOTS OF DOWN TIME!

Services Period: Past customer during April, 2008 - September, 2008

the planet's recent problem with an explosion that took out 9k servers was handled appallingly. tech support staff refused to take responsibility for the domino tech effect and tried to blame our site instead. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

Services Period: Past customer during February, 2008 - June, 2008

I was previously a client of EV1 Severs. Theplanet purchased EV1 and then thins started to go seriously downhill. Their support is atrocious now, the servers are unreliable (sold me a server with a bad kernel) and the techs are morons.

Services Period: Past customer during March, 2004 - March, 2008

The are absolutely fantastic. Excellent support, fast and reliable servers and rarely any downtime. In 450 days, my server has been offline for only 2 hours.

Services Period: Past customer during May, 2006 - August, 2007

Tech support has gone overseas but they still have their act together and offer solid reliable hosting

Services Period: Past customer during March, 2004 - June, 2007