Hostica Reviews

Hostica
20 reviews of Hostica

20 Years of it. STAY AWAY!!!
I simply didn't know so I tolerated it. In the end I lost over 100g. Chris and Frank are clowns. Frank is only tech w/a temper. So everyone including the owner Chris has to b nice to Frank. All the extra fees you're better off feeding homeless. Seriously.

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since January, 2001

Disabled my mysql without even letting me know
I used hostica for a while and one day I looked at my sites and they weren't working. Hostica changed my concurrent max mysql connections to 10 w/o letting me know. I then had to use an outside service for my databases. It looks like they did it again.

Services Period: Past customer during January, 2012 - July, 2017

Terrible service, avoid at all costs
Customer service ruins an OK web hosting service. They secretly tie you into long term automatic renewals, make it difficult to delete your stored payment details (huge mistake giving them my credit card info), have horrible terms of service. Avoid!

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since December, 2010

ripoff
My web site skyrocketed to a total cost for one website for one year as a payment of $56.88! Their billing system is purposely confusing and sly.

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since August, 2015

Hostica is So So
The hosting services is pretty good. There is no support. They will nickle and dime you with high prices for addons, and outrageious fees past the 1st year. Support is non existant. Problems days before problem fixed no 24/7 support. M-F 9-5 only.

Worse customer service ever!
Everything they say about their service &EVERYTHING on their website is a lie, including the 30 Day Money back guarantee!!! Before you pay them, they are very friendly on live chat &email. After you pay them you don't hear from them for days!!!

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since March, 2013

WORSE host in the planet. STAY AWAY!!!!!
Hostica is a bunch of EVIL SCAMMERS. They suspends your account immediately WITHOUT NOTICE based on lies. You WILL LOSE EVERYTHING: all of your email, any web updates, your money, EVERYTHING and they WILL STOP communicating with you completely.

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since April, 2014

Unnecessary downtime
Hostica has frequent downtime. Apparently maintains no failover procedures so when its servers need maintenance, they simply take sites offline.

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since January, 2010

to mush down time
had the account for 2 weeks been down time on 6 of those days! canceled account....

Services Period: Past customer during November, 2013 - December, 2013

With Hostica 10+ years. Very happy with support and service. Lets me learn but will fix what i break when needed. Currently host 13 domains and will add many more. Have had 1 rude occasion but who doesn't have a bad day? Recommend to anyone. Xlnt Value

Services Period: Past customer during June, 2000 - June, 2011