Traffic may be the last thing you want to see on the way to work in the morning, but for website owners across the globe traffic keeps the money rolling in and their businesses afloat.
In this instance, traffic is the term used to define the number of viewers logging onto a website on a daily basis. Whether a website is selling a service, product or function, every site thrives on traffic and requires it to stay existent.
Ultimately, the more visitors your site has per day, the more products you can sell, the more recognition your brand will receive and the more likely that advertisers will want to promote themselves through you. In one way or another, traffic will always benefit your website, so how do you continue to increase it?
While some promotional work can be expensive and extremely time consuming, here are the best cost efficient ways to increase traffic to your website:
1. Social Media Networking - Now this really is number one so make sure you are utilizing this service. It’s a simple and effective way of promoting your website for free, making it visible to millions of people around the world. It can be like planting a seed and watching it grow, by others talking about, liking and sharing your website watch it branch out throughout social media and reap the benefits with increased traffic.
2. Meta Tags - Search engines are looking for ways to describe your website to users optimizing their service, so they need a description. Using meta tags in your html code will enable your website to climb up the ladder on search engines, therefore popping up on more screens in a quicker amount of time.
3. Article Marketing - Producing articles is a great way of getting your name out there for free. By submitting news about yourself which will then be turned into articles, you are essentially promoting your website in a clever and subtle way. While a reader may think they are viewing news, subconsciously they are remembering the name of your website and have more chance of logging on following the completion of the read.
4. FriendFeed - This little tool is another form of circulating your website in an effortless manner. As with social media, you can obtain subscribers who will then pass your content on in a number of ways including through social media.
5. Blogging - This can attract search engines in a number of ways which can boost your rankings and therefore traffic. An extremely useful form of this is to use TubeMogul, this is a form of video blogging that circulates your video over a number of sites. With search engines looking for new and relevant content, blogging is a great way to flirt with their wants and as with the other tools increase exposure, thus increase traffic to your website.