James Shelby, Tech Support Manager and Marketing Coordinator, PenguinHost.Net
Let's talk with the exec. From the Linux-only hosting the PenguinHost.Net, where the Bird Flu won't harm.
- HOSTSEARCH: Can you reveal a little about yourself and your role with PenguinHost.Net and also a brief historical run through of PenguinHost.Net development since establishment?JAMES S.: I am the tech support manager and marketing coordinator. My main responsibility is to make sure problems are resolved correctly and quickly. PenguinHost.net has been growing very rapidly, and is quickly becoming a name in the industry.
- HOSTSEARCH: Why does PenguinHost.Net concentrate only on the Linux hosting? What are the advantages of the OS as an OS for the hosting servers?JAMES S.: The 2 major factors we use linux are reliability and cost. Reliability is the key to good web hosting and a sucessful business on the net.
- HOSTSEARCH: Do you plan to cover the Windows hosting?JAMES S.: We do not plan on covering windows plans. Windows hosting is at a very low demand as compared to Linux, this not only makes the software and licenses more expensive for the hosting company but it also make the price of the hosting package more expensive for the consumer. Also with a version of ASP and now Cold Fusion out for Linux we are leaning towards going with that over a set of windows servers and hiring a team of Windows support and systems staff.
- HOSTSEARCH: Do you run Linux on your personal machine as well?JAMES S.: I have a Linux and a Windows machine running at all times. I have them hooked up with a KVM switch so I have easy access to both operating systems.
- HOSTSEARCH: How do you differentiate your company and products in a highly competitive industry? And how you drive the cost of your hosting plan so low?JAMES S.: We stand out from other companies base on our tech support. We make our money on offering other products and services to our clients, such as extra domains, search engine submission, web design, and consulting.
- HOSTSEARCH: What is the best selling product of your company?JAMES S.: Web hosting of course :)
- HOSTSEARCH: Who do you see as your major competitors?JAMES S.: Everyone! There are quite a few hosting companies out there and its important to be ahead of the competition and offer something unique from everyone else.
- HOSTSEARCH: Do you think size of the web hosting company matter? (For customers' view and other rival companies' view)JAMES S.: Yes, size definitely does matter. It is important to go with a large web hosting company. A successful web hosting company requires a large diverse staff with a number of different specialties.
- HOSTSEARCH: Where do you see PenguinHost.Net and the industry as a whole in five years time?JAMES S.: Right now the hosting market is very saturated in 5 years, I see the companies with the best support standing out, anyone can offer a product but its those with the best support that will earn name brand recognition.
- HOSTSEARCH: What is the first website you visit when you turn on your computer?JAMES S.: The first site I go to it Google News, http://news.google.com/ Its important to know what's going on in the world.
- HOSTSEARCH: Thank you very much. We enjoyed having talk with you.