Daniel Pearson, COO at KnownHost
HostSearch interviewed Daniel Pearson, COO at KnownHost - a leading high performance web hosting provider since 2006.
- HOSTSEARCH: Daniel thank you for giving us an opportunity to talk with you today. Can you please tell us about your background?DANIEL PEARSON: I’ve been a part of the hosting industry for the better part of 20 years now. As with many in the industry I have worn a variety of hats as I’ve built up my experience but I’ve been involved in anything from small startups to full data center deployments. I can say by far that my best experience has been working for KnownHost over the last seven years.
- HOSTSEARCH: Can you please tell us more about the company?DANIEL PEARSON: KnownHost is a privately held web hosting company founded in 2006, and based in the United States. We pride ourselves on being a managed solution provider for our customers. With customer service our core focus we know that the last thing someone wants to worry about is if their website is online and operational.
We believe the key to a successful business relationship is through understanding our customers' needs and delivering superior support based on that understanding.
- HOSTSEARCH: Can you please share with us an overview of your current products and services?DANIEL PEARSON: Although we're widely known as the #1 managed VPS hosting provider globally, we provide professional, fully managed hosting tailored for a full range of customers! Some of our most common services include:
Shared Hosting: The perfect combination of free bundled features and high performance hardware, all of which are fully managed by our USA technical team.
Reseller Hosting: These plans give you time to manage your company while we manage your server accounts - hassle free. Premium network, premium bandwidth and premium support backed by our state of the art cloud hosting platform.
Managed VPS: Our Managed VPS hosting packages is our core package. These give customers a wide range of resources and flexibility, which backed by our managed services team helps take away the worry of managing their own 'server'.
KVM Cloud: Our Managed KVM Cloud VPS Hosting packages are enterprise grade hosting, yet a cost effective substitute for shared/reseller hosting or dedicated servers. KVM Cloud Hosting gives you the flexibility, power & security of the cloud, minus the high price tag.
- HOSTSEARCH: Can you please explain the LiteSpeed Performance? What are the advantages to the customers using this service?DANIEL PEARSON: LiteSpeed is a lightweight piece of server software that conserves resources without sacrificing performance, security, compatibility, or convenience. It is designed from the ground up to be fast and also tightly integrate with many common applications. For example, LiteSpeed includes a WP plugin that gives enhanced caching control for individual websites that has normally been very complex to setup. In short LiteSpeed generates such impressive performance that we couldn't let our customers sites’ run without it, that is why we offer it at no additional cost on all of our shared packages.
- HOSTSEARCH: I noticed you mentions about an Unmanaged VPS Cloud. Can you tell us more about it?DANIEL PEARSON: Our unmanaged VPS platform has been built from the ground up with the same great reliability and peace of mind that our managed products offer. We provide flexible deployment options geared towards developers and web savvy individuals so that they can customize their server all on their own without the added expense of a management package.
- HOSTSEARCH: What hardware and network are you using?DANIEL PEARSON: We have partnered with Supermicro and Intel for the majority of our hardware. Our goal with the hardware we use is simple. It must be fast, effecient and robust. Our customers demand a high quality of service and we can only deliver that with quality enterprise grade hardware. In regards to our network, we have partnered with INAP to provide a robust blended mix of tier 1 providers that is continually route optimized every 90 seconds to ensure each packet takes the fastest path avaliable.
- HOSTSEARCH: Can you tell us more about the Application Hosting?DANIEL PEARSON: Absolutely, KnownHost’s premium Managed Application Hosting services support a wide variety of apps and solutions based on the customers needs. From forums and wikis, to blogs and CRM, KnownHost can host it all with the same 99.99% uptime. We tailor our servers and packages to help fit the need for each application, ensuring as simple of a solution as possible for the client.
- HOSTSEARCH: As the COO of KnownHost, what group of customers are you targeting?DANIEL PEARSON: Our main goal is to provide our customers, small and large, with the highest level of service and support. With our wide range of managed solutions we are able to provide services for customers at any point during their hosting journey. If I had to pick a specific group, I would say we offer excellent benefits for small web agencies. We can allow agency partners the freedom to focus on what matters most, interacting with their customers, and allowing us to do what we do best, keep the server running smoothly.
- HOSTSEARCH: What are the future plans of your company?DANIEL PEARSON: KnownHost has a bright future. We are in the middle of a massive hardware and network refresh at the moment to furter expand our footprint. We are launching new facilites in Atlanta, GA and Seattle, WA to handle the additional growth. Once this has been completed be on the lookout for even more services and solutions to hit the market.
- HOSTSEARCH: That’s all for my questions. Thank you again for your time, would you like to add anything in this interview?DANIEL PEARSON: We’re currently running a sale customers cant pass up! 30% off FOR LIFE on SSD’s and Managed KVM Cloud plans, as well as 50% off Shared Hosting packages! There’s never been a better time to join the KnownHost family.