With over 180 million active users across the world, Wix stands out as one of the best free website builder software
No coding skills? The drag-and-drop feature allows you to build the website without any difficulty. Place any image or text wherever you like on the website.
The Wix ADI (Artificial Design Intelligence) builds a website for you. Choose the type of site, the industry, and allow Wix to do the rest.
The free plan offers 500 MB of storage, a free domain, and hosting services.
- Select from over 500 templates to build the look of the website. The Restaurants and Food industry section offers 68 templates alone.
- Add royalty-free images on your website from the Wix image library.
- Mobile-responsive pages load on any devices without lag. A visitor won’t leave your website because it’s slow.
- Your laptop stopped operating? Wix stores all your data with automatic backups.
- Integrate your social media accounts including Facebook and LinkedIn for better reach.
- Premium plans offer up to 35 GB of storage, a personal domain, and unlimited bandwidth.
How to create a free website for an e-commerce store? Use Weebly.
Choose from over 50 templates to design your website. Furthermore, Weebly sorts the templates into different categories including business, blogs, and portfolios.
The website builder allows you to sell even with a free plan. However, the offer applies to citizens of the U.S. Opt for a paid plan to sell from a different country.
At the time of writing, Weebly powers over 30 million websites.
- Large image backgrounds and grid layout helps you to build an eye-catching website.
- You’ll never lose a visitor for the website showed an error message. Why? The 99.98% uptime.
- The inventory management system tracks your products.
- Weebly offers PayPal payment processing in 25 countries. Furthermore, opt for Stripe payment processing in 11 countries. Check the website for further details.
- Integrated marketing solutions including Facebook ads and email campaigns help reach more customers.
- Chat support, email support, and a community forum solve your queries. Furthermore, Weebly offers phone support in paid plans.
64 million active users at the time of writing make WordPress the largest free website builder software.
The website builder offers SEO tools to help you rank better on Google searches.
Want to build a multilingual website? WordPress supports over 65 languages.
The website builder offers four paid plans at the time of writing.
- WordPress offers 3 GB of storage in the free plan. The storage space is the highest among all the website builders mentioned in the article.
- Over 58,000 plugins allow you complete control over the website.
- Google Analytics integration offers you insight into website visitors.
- Never worry about your data. WordPress offers a free SSL certificate.
- Sell your products and services with the e-commerce store. WordPress partnered with PayPal to handle payments.
Want to build a multilingual website? Webnode offers the best choice.
The website builder supports 20 languages. Furthermore, you’ll receive extensive support on each of them.
Choose from over a hundred templates to build the look of the website.
- Want to change a single page? Opt for the predesigned page templates. Webnode modifies the template to match the overall theme.
- Receive a free domain for a year with a paid plan.
- Storage tracker allows you to see how much storage you have used.
- No ads to distract a website visitor on a free plan.
- Cannot fix an error? Restore to an earlier version of the website. You need a paid plan to use the feature.
- Create up to 100 different email accounts. Each account offers 1 GB of storage.
Jimdo free website builder offers you two choices - build a website with drag-and-drop or use the ADI (Artificial Design Intelligence).
While the drag-and-drop feature offers more control, the ADI is easier. Choose what you prefer.
Over 20 million websites use Jimdo at the time of writing.
- An image library with royalty-free images allows you to design the website.
- Jimdo modifies the template colors to match any logo or image you upload.
- Sell up to five products with the free plan. A paid plan allows you to scale up your online store.
- Want pre-designed GDPR-compliant legal pages? Jimdo offers the legal pages on EU-based countries.
- The responsive pages allow visitors to navigate the website without lag on any devices.
- Create your website in 24 languages.
Prefer a free website builder for a one-page website? Choose Strikingly.
The website builder offers an onboarding tour to familiarize you with the features.
Change your template unlimited times after your website is live. Strikingly is the only website that offers the feature.
The website builder allows you to create unlimited websites with the free plan.
- Strikingly offers a 5 GB bandwidth each month in the free plan.
- Sell one product per site with the free plan.
- Build multi-page websites with the paid plans.
- Strikingly offers 50 GB bandwidth each month and a custom domain in the paid plan.
- Sell up to five products on the site with the paid plans.
Don’t want to use the drag-and-drop feature? Site123 offers ADI (Artificial Design Intelligence) to build you a website.
Sit123 allows you to create multiple websites under one account. The premium version offers a free domain name for a year.
Visitors who understand different languages? Build a multilingual website with Site123.
- Pre-paired fonts and colors help you design the website.
- Site123 offers a free SSL certificate. Thus, your data stays protected.
- Rank higher on Google searches with the help of SEO features.
- Reach more customers with integrated email marketing.
- Build an e-commerce store with paid plans.
A drag-and-drop page builder plugin for WordPress to build websites? Elementor is your answer.
The website builder offers a separate interface for your posts and pages.
Elementor works on the front end of the website. Thus, you see the result of what you created at the same time.
9. IM Creator
- Elementor works with all WordPress themes. Keep the current website design if you wish.
- Choose from over 90 elements to design your website including images, carousels, and testimonials.
- Use over 150 free templates and over 300 paid templates from the pre-made template library.
- The live preview allows you to see the website as a visitor will view it.
- Redo all the default WooCommerce pages including product archive and single product pages. Elementor offers a new WooCommerce Builder module for the task.
IM Creator offers bold blocks and large images to build an eye-catching website.
Over 11 million websites use IM Creator. The developers allow artists, students, and NGOs to access premium features for free.
- IM Creator allows you to see previews of each section. Tweak the content and images if you’re dissatisfied.
- Pre-loaded content on templates saves you time and effort.
- Paid plans offer a custom domain, unlimited storage, and an e-commerce store.
- No ads on the website on the free plan.
A study published in April 2021 confirmed 54.8% of web traffic comes from mobiles. Thus, you must build a mobile-responsive website.
Duda offers the solution. The website builder specializes in mobile websites.
Over 450,000 websites use Duda at the time of writing. The developers claim businesses use Duda to create a new website every 17 seconds.
What is the best free website builder?
- Creates hundreds of websites based on existing customer data.
- Duda allows you to restore to an earlier version of the website.
- Guaranteed 99.9% uptime runs your website 24X7. A visitor never leaves your website for an error message.
- Paid plans include an SSL certificate. Thus, never worry about your data security.
- SEO tools help the website to rank higher on Google searches.
Wix tops the chart as the best free website builder. With over 500 templates and affordable paid plans, the website builder offers the best features.