Oliver Mauss, CEO of 1&1 Internet
It's been 5 years since we talked with 1&1's CEO (back in August 2004). Now it's time to catch up with their current CEO, Oliver Mauss. He has told us more about 1&1 Internet and its direction.
- HOSTSEARCH: Mr. Mauss, thank you for taking your time to talk with us today.OLIVER MAUSS: It's my pleasure.
- HOSTSEARCH: 1&1 is a large company. Can you tell us more about it?OLIVER MAUSS: 1&1 Internet is the world's largest web hosting provider by known servers with 8 million customers worldwide. 1&1 currently serves over 10 million domain names at its 65,000 server strong green data centers. The US headquarters is outside Philadelphia, PA and the data center is located in Lenexa, Kansas.
With over 20 years of experience, 1&1 Internet pioneered the 'one-stop-shop' approach to web solutions. 1&1 has products for every skill level, whether you are looking for a simple way to create your own webpage or running a successful business server, 1&1 has the solutions you can depend on. 1&1 offers services such as domain names, web hosting, dedicated servers, virtual private servers, eShops and MailXchange. 1&1 is known for delivering feature-packed packages at affordable prices for both consumer and business level web solutions.
- HOSTSEARCH: What unique selling points do you offer?OLIVER MAUSS: 1&1 is the world's largest web host for several reasons that have given us an edge over our competitors. Many of our customers choose 1&1 for the value in our products. Besides being affordably priced, we pioneered the 'one-stop-shop' approach to web hosting. 1&1 offers everything individuals and small businesses need on the web from email to marketing a website. Our hosting packages even come with free domains and all the tools to publish and manage a successful website.
- HOSTSEARCH: Can you please describe more about the services you offer?OLIVER MAUSS: Web hosting is a service that provides a physical location in which a website resides. Customers' websites are stored on computer servers located in secure and climate-controlled environments and permanently connected to the Internet through high-speed data lines. Therefore it is important for customers to know where their web host actually 'hosts' the websites. At 1&1 we have a green state-of-the-art data center located in Lenexa, Kansas.
- HOSTSEARCH: Can you please describe your target market?OLIVER MAUSS: Our key target audience is private users and small to medium businesses.
- HOSTSEARCH: How does your company planning for the future?OLIVER MAUSS: 1&1's vision is to be the leading provider of hosted solutions for small business users and ambitious consumers. Within that vision we intend to be the world's largest full service hosting provider and among the top three hosting providers in the US market.
- HOSTSEARCH: What benefits can you offer your customers?OLIVER MAUSS: 1&1 offers the latest in technology, such as Windows Server 2008 and unrivaled quotas of RAM. Developers can take advantage of our full range of services such as shared hosting, dedicated servers, domains and ecommerce. Each service is affordable and packed with generous amounts of web space and bandwidth for developers.
- HOSTSEARCH: How do you support your customers?OLIVER MAUSS: The internet never closes, so it is important that we are available to our customers 24/7. We provide free customer support via phone or email. Choosing a reliable web host is important. 1&1 is both the world's biggest web host, and the fastest growing. Our global community is 8 million customer contracts strong. We are financially stable, profitable, and will be securing your website for many years to come.
- HOSTSEARCH: What's your commitment to the customer?OLIVER MAUSS: "It's our goal to be the first in the market to bring you innovative products at competitive prices without compromising strength and reliability. We started as pioneers and we've never stopped working this way."