May 9, 2009 – (HOSTSEARCH.COM) – Tap In Systems, developers of a new cloud-based systems management service, and 3Tera®, Inc., the leading innovator of cloud computing technology and utility computing services, announce that the two companies have entered into a partnership to offer new advanced cloud computing solutions through 3Tera’s AppLogic® Cloud Computing Platform. The partnership integrates Tap In Systems’ Cloud Management Service (CMS) into the standard AppLogic catalog of virtual appliances, enabling customers to easily add deeper monitoring for critical alerts, systems utilization and notifications on AppLogic based applications. Running Tap In Systems’ CMS on AppLogic assures the high-availability of the monitoring system itself and provides instant failover solutions for the Tap In System CMS that is transparent for the users.
“This solution blends together the best of both worlds – a turn-key cloud computing platform and enterprise class cloud monitoring, to create a powerful solution,” said Peter Loh, Founder and CEO, Tap In Systems. “We are pleased to be partnering with 3Tera, to add our CMS virtual appliance to the AppLogic catalog and add reliable, enterprise class monitoring capabilities.”
“Enterprise users adopting cloud computing expect the same level of monitoring capability they can achieve in their own datacenters, ” said Bert Armijo, senior vice president of sales, marketing and product management, 3Tera, Inc. “Tap In Systems’ innovative cloud management solutions, integrates nicely with our Cloudware architecture for open cloud computing, empowering customers to build, run and manage large-scale applications without compromising their choices of operating system, middleware, security, location, architecture and vendors.”
Benefits for customers
The partnership creates multiple benefits for customers to utilize a universally available, robust and accurate system view for multiple cloud computing and on-premise environments providing a comprehensive enterprise level monitoring:
- Accurate and up-to-date view of the system - unlike traditional monitoring systems that spend a lot of time and effort on trying to dynamically auto discover and reverse engineer existing architecture, AppLogic feeds a wealth of metadata about application architecture into the Tap In Systems’ monitoring system to present a view of complex multi-instance applications that is always correct, up-to-date and in-sync with the running system
- Robust system metrics – users can get notifications and alerts for critical events, systems utilization and performance issues for applications as a whole to present administrators with better context
- Historical data view – statistics and root-cause analysis across historical data make it easier to setup alerts and notification or to add automation procedures
- Universal high-availability of the CMS – running on the AppLogic platform assures the high-availability of the monitoring system itself and provides instant failover solutions for the Tap In Systems’ CMS that is transparent for users
- Manage multiple clouds - users can perform over-the-Internet monitoring services that span across multiple applications, multiple clouds, even on-premise systems all visible and controlled from the same interface
Tap In Systems, Inc. is a leading provider of systems management services for cloud-based applications. Awarded the 2009 Under the Radar Conference Judges Choice Award as the top cloud management company, Tap In Systems has developed a cloud-based systems management service to respond to the unique needs of today’s increasingly heterogeneous and virtual IT infrastructures. Tap In Systems’ Cloud Management Service (CMS) is a cloud-based, scalable monitoring service which manages both cloud and on-premises systems, providing status and performance data, alerts and reporting to keep applications running smoothly. CMS is an affordable, on-demand solution that requires no hardware or proprietary expertise, and can scale up and down as a user’s needs change. 3Tera, Inc.
is the leading innovator of cloud computing technology and utility computing services, simplifying the deployment and scaling of online applications. Named “Cool Vendor in IT operations, 2008” by Gartner Group and one of the “Top 20 Companies to Watch in 2008” by Linux Magazine, 3Tera offers AppLogic®, the first commercially available cloud computing platform that completely removes the cost and complexity associated with infrastructure. Available both for building in-house private clouds and as a platform for cloud computing services, AppLogic allows IT professionals to develop and deploy online applications in minutes instead of weeks, using only a browser to manage and scale on demand fully distributed systems and deliver security and business continuity for all applications, while fully controlling their cloud computing environment.