Aplus.Net Reviews

Aplus.Net
186 reviews of Aplus.Net

Horrible customer service
All our domain's MX records etc were reset to default and our website and email went down. They do not have Chat or phone or any live support. Email response time was hours for each issue, so it took 3 days to get email working, website still not working.
Horrible company! They must have been hacked or their server lost our domain information, but they will not admit or answer questions how this could have happened.

Further, they have locked our Domain down so we can't transfer to another hosting company

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since July, 2016

Support is Deplorable
As you can see I've been with them since 2004. The old control panel was perfect, but the new one has never really worked well. It reminds me of something my grandfather would have designed. And that was AFTER Deluxe bought them. I've survived 2 acquisitions, each worse than the previous. The original company and support was amazing. Today was typical except add Covid as an excuse to not take calls, only email or live text. (My employees work from home all the time. We can channel their calls to their home or to a group). My 25 minute live text resulted in them finally telling me they had a company wide problem and he couldn't help me. I like the pricing and the services. I like the email and domain. But God help you if you ever need support from an english speaking person AND you need an answer now.

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since July, 2004

Misleading
This company took advantage of my Aunt and Uncle for their business website. They were not tech savvy. They set them up with a great rate then when it was time to re-up on the contract they let it slide into a over priced monthly charge. They offered no discount on setting up with a new contract. When calling again on a different website they were willing to change rates to keep business. They have no consistent service and over priced for what is out on the market now. To little known to have such a high price. They're a cash grab that buys through another company only to third parties the service.

Services Period: Past customer during January, 2008 - March, 2020

Stloen
Be aware of this company I canceled my service here and they are continuing to steal my money and won't refund it

Lied About Pricing
We had purchased a couple of domains and needed an additional service. The sales person quoted a price and then when we saw it the price was 3 times the amount. When we questioned it we were told that I had been quoted the old price. Instead of simply telling me and getting my approval they just charged us and we only found out when the receipts came in an email. We spoke to several people and non of them felt that they had an obligation to make it right. It was not an inappropriate price and we would have paid it but they lied about the problem and then refused to make it right and we still have not been able to get a manager on the phone.

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since February, 2020

Their service is good but their technical support is not
I have generally been pleased with Aplus.net's services, but their technical support has almost always resulted in frustration and lack of solutions. The latest one has resulted in my decision to move all my clients away from Aplus.net.

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since June, 2017

Customer service is awful. The user interface stinks even more.
Was with company many years. Price keeps going up and service still stinks again this year. Today I initiated the process to move to their competitor, they are jerking me around again about icann renewal via smartphone and releasing my domain.

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since February, 2010

Terrible billing policies
Over billed for 5 years on a cancelled domain. Refused to refund even the last bill (2 weeks ago). Terrible control panel that hides the auto billing function for a hosting plan. Says their incompetence is my problem!

Services Period: Past customer during August, 2001 - August, 2014

No way to adjust the TTL
I've never used this company. I picked up client who was hosting through Aplus. I went in to make some simple DNS changes and there is no way to adjust the TTL. Beyond that the entire back-end of the site is a mess. There are better hosts at this price.

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since July, 2014

Awful
Their awful custom control panel went from bad to worse since their 'newest' one came out. Broken links and missing necessary tools.

Website stopped working and there is no mysql button in the control panel. I fear my databases are also gone?

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since January, 2006

Review Aplus.Net