(FAYETTEVILLE, N.C.) -- AIT (http://ait.com) has released its two newest products an individual server firewall and a monitoring service -- and continues development of an anti-spam / anti-virus initiative. The firewall software for dedicated customers means an extra layer of security on top of protection already on the AIT network. Digital businesses consistently cite data integrity as their primary concern, said Clarence Briggs, AITs Chief Executive Officer.
AITs monitoring service for dedicated servers comes in two levels: an interface so customers can self-monitor the demands placed on their servers, and a customer notification system if systems or services go offline. "These solutions provide small business with technology that is normally reserved for the large corporations, and they are priced affordably at less than $30 per month," said Kirk deViere, AIT's Chief Operating Officer.
Those are the latest additions in what Briggs calls the year of innovation for AIT. As the hosting industry matures, so have customer demands, so it is vital to be pro-active in supporting our customers businesses, said Briggs. So far in 2004, AIT has:
* Introduced a series of dedicated hosting options, starting at an industry low of $49 per month.
* Integrated PayPal into MCart, AIT's e-commerce software.
* Launched a search engine placement offering in partnership with Kanoodle, providing customers with an instant $25 credit.
* Formed partnerships with North Carolina State University's Computer Training Unit and Fayetteville Technical Community College, expanding technical training options.
* Integrated .NET and Cold Fusion hosting support into shared and dedicated offerings.
* Hosting an ASP.NET conference later this month through Microsoft Certified Partner Program and .ASP Hoster Program.
The strategy of continuous self-renewal has made believers of people like Bob Ugiansky, who put his father-in-laws business online with AIT. I wanted a company that was sensitive to Internet newcomers, that would be responsive to any problems, and that provides an easy process of getting sites online quickly, said Ugiansky.
In addition, AIT has enhanced several existing products as part of its commitment to helping small businesses grow. On some, AIT is offering free trials so customers can try them without risk. Each offers a benefit in terms of improving service, cutting costs, or enhancing revenue:
* Guaranteed Customer Service Response times with Premium Technical Support
* Private Label Virtual Registrar Program through ICANN-accredited AITDomains
* Paid per-incident support for self managed solutions
* SSL certificates through GeoTrust and SecureLook
* Hosting Automation software from Ensim and enhancements to our own SMT (Server Management Tool)
The company is also in the midst of a significant infrastructure upgrade and adding staff to keep up with customer growth. This is a service business, and its incumbent on us to provide the behind-the-scenes details that give businesses who host with us every conceivable opportunity to succeed, said Briggs.