HostGator Reviews

HostGator
74 reviews of HostGator

Uptime is great, good for shared hosting
As a web dev, I advised HostGator India's baby hatchling plan for shared hosting to a client and he has been very happy. I did not hear any problems with respect to bandwidth or even the regular 'server is down' complaint. Its been a good choice and I feel I will be recommending this brand to most of my blogging and small business site clients going ahead.

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since November, 2018

A good host for VPS
I have enjoyed my tenure with HostGator India for the last few years or so. They have decent plans and my snappy plan the one I am about to scale performed well since the last 2-3 years for my business site. The 8000 plan is what I am looking to expand to.. thanks hostgator India for the magnificent support and timely renewals at a moderate charge.

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since November, 2017

Hostgator Unresponsive On Email Issues
Hosted with HG for many years. Great uptime & price. However Time Warner blocks email from HG because HG site owners have spammed. My clients are affected and HG will do nothing to help me. Having to move my sites to SG. If you use email, don't use HG!

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since January, 2011

Stay away!!!
I was with Hostgator for 3 years. When I first signed up, I was over the moon with their hosting. But for the last year or two, their service has become subpar culminating in our site being down for 4 days, damaged, and no response from them.

Services Period: Past customer during July, 2011 - November, 2014

Worst Hosting Company Ever!!!
I wish they had negative stars. If you are a reseller, stay FAR AWAY! Servers went down for over 3 days. They shut their phones off, didn't respond to emails, Fb page deleting posts from clients complaining, and just goes on and on. No compensation also.

Extremely poor, Extremely shabby
TERRIBLE customer service. TERRIBLE support. Extremely shabby behaviour.

My VPS server was cancelled and i was offered NO refunds. And the investigation they carried out to do so was hasty and probably what the other guy said here - quick shortcut tak

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since September, 2013

Not perfect, but solid.
Been with HG since about four years and had only few troubles. Once in a support agents are a bit lazy and do not look closely, jump to convenient shortcuts. Chat waiting times have increased in the last months since company was sold.

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since August, 2010

poor support
i bought a plan on yearly basis and i got to know that this is suspended. i open a ticket number JIM-26614937 on 6/12/2013, its been 6 days, they have no time to reply or to unsuspend the account. no info on suspension, and no reply a BIG SHAME

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since July, 2013

Solid Performers Most Of The Time
I have used Hostgator as a reseller for about 7 years now, and outside of 2 incidences (DDOS attacks) that causes some problems for me and my clients for a day or two, they have proved to be solid performers and the customer service I found good.

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since December, 2006

Best hosting that I would recomment to anyone
I have never ever thought about switching from hostgator.

pros:
Technical support is efficient,fast and knowledgeable
No downtimes yet
Fast resolution over live chat

Cons:
1 Tickets might take more time
2. Not cheap. Use coupon HGSAVE25TO50 to

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since March, 2003

Review HostGator