HostGator Reviews

HostGator
74 reviews of HostGator

I used hostgator for 6 months but now i am moving all my sites out. The main complaint i have is that one of their shared servers has a problem with POP/SMTP handling. In only handles mail correctly 10% of the time. Tech people were not helpful at all.

Services Period: Past customer during December, 2005 - June, 2006

when I open a semi dedicated on there host they told everything was included in there but it was not they charge extra for ssl for secure server like $10.00 plus they don't know customer royalty....

Services Period: Past customer during October, 2005 - November, 2005

They are a scam, 3 months into my hosting they supended my account with out notice. When I found out and ask they said I was overloading the server and needed a semi dictated server. They refuse to help me fix my site to fit within their guide lines.

Services Period: Past customer during September, 2005 - January, 2006

Frequent problems, poor technical support, over-crowded servers. My email is often rejected by other ISPs who have blocked my IP because of other people spamming on my server. Cpanel is often down and needs to be restarted, as does many other services. Th

Services Period: Past customer during March, 2004 - December, 2005

Go with Hostgator.com for the tech. support. English speaking, fast resolution, perfect! I've been with 4 or 5 different hosts, hostgator.com is by far the best.

Services Period: Past customer during October, 2005 - November, 2005

ThePlanet is a serious hosting company, but expensive. As a result, HostGator's revenue margins are razor thin. If your hosting simple HTML pages, they're good. But if you have a web app. that starts using resorces they will terminate your account.

Services Period: Past customer during January, 2005 - October, 2005

HostGator is awesome! Their online support is always available to help if you have a problem. As soon as I had a question I went on and had an answer in under 5 seconds. Do yourself a favor and save a lot of hassle, get an account with HostGator.

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since March, 2005

good service and good quality.

Services Period: Past customer during July, 2004 - December, 2005

The prices, features, Server power, And Network speed are wonderfull. However, the human element, technical support, constantly interrupt me durin support calls, are quick to blame problems on outside sources,untill I PROVE it's them. Stressful.

Services Period: Past customer during January, 2005 - February, 2005

Great Value, Great features, Great speed. Only complaint is If I mention more then 1 problem in an e-mail, they only answer the first. I've tried sending them as seperate e-mails, but same issue, only answering first.

Services Period: Past customer during January, 2005 - February, 2005