Contabo Reviews

Contabo
98 reviews of Contabo

Caution, scammers!
I used hosting for only a few days. SSD hard drives are terribly slow as are internet connections. And today they completely turned off access to the server. The site interface is out of date 10 years ago. Registration without order is not available. Customer support responds very slowly. I do not recommend this hosting.

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since May, 2020

SCAMMERS - be aware before ordering
CONTABO are scammers. we sent money by mistake to them on paypal. they refused to send it back as they say anything we send is non refundable even if it is 15000usd. Be AWARE as their customer servcies is very poor, ineficient. they will try to scam you, better go somewhere safer !!!

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since February, 2020

my first try on contabo

i just bought a SSD VPS (S) with 4CORE/8GB/200GB SSD with just $13.97, after payment they will send login credentials via email.

after first login into my first contabo vps, the feel was really satisfying, i can just ditch my vultr/do/linode vps

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since January, 2020

UPLOAD SPEED OF 4MBit/s
I can't even have a ssh session open, if I download a file of 100MB from FTP it would take 8 hours at 300kb/s
Powerful but useless without network.

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since July, 2019

Good services and support
Just good and fast vps servers, and very powerful suport
it's over 2 years ago now

contabo is the biggest scammer
contabo is the biggest scammer. when you buy a server after a few days they send you a spam email. mostly we not check spam/junk box emails. after 2 days they close the server and ask for 30 euro for handling abuse report. don't buy a server for contabo

Company Response: Hi Shawkat, we are glad that we could clarify the issue and that you chose to remain our customer. We wish you continued success with our services. In case of any issues in the future, please contact our customer support team and we will gladly assist.

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since March, 2019

Had an issue with them but later resolved very well
Helpful support.In the start I got issue from them but later they cooperate with me very well and helped me to remove infected files free of cost.I would recommend to use there services.

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since April, 2019

30€ to reactivate the service oh really?
See their Blackguardism.They said your hosting is infected with virus so pay us 30€ to reactivate the service.What the hell is that? This is by far the worst company I have had to deal.Don't use this hosting.They will torture you.

Stay as far away as you possibly can
Stay away, they simply cannot offer a good service. They wont refund your money even if their staff telling you otherwise.

Services Period: Past customer during September, 2018 - September, 2018

You want something done, leave it to the Germans.
You want something done, leave it to the Germans. Always responsive, polite, accurate, work is done to excellent level. Send e-mail anytime. Johnny on the spot !! or Fritz on the spot !!

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since May, 2018

Review Contabo