HostForWeb Reviews

HostForWeb
402 reviews of HostForWeb

Do not use, their service has completely crashed
I have been a customer for about many years now and they have recently been getting progressively worse. They have now taken all my hosted sites down with little to no communication and nothing but incompetence and lies from them.
DO NOT USE HOSTFORWEB

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since January, 2008

Website Down 5 Days
Website Down five days and there is no end to this nightmare. Until now the service was decent but they cannot get away with a 5 day downtime. Will be definitely changing provider.

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since January, 2013

after 15 years I am leaving - if I can get my data
sites down 3 days.
12-18hrs ticket response times with inaccurate info
17+hrs wait on live chat - no help
phones unanswered
Twitter unanswered
Facebook - messages blocked
Huge financial loss in Xmas orders and staff wages paid regardless

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since January, 2005

he best host... some issues recently-
Client for 10 years, tried others no one matches their support. Its like family. They have recent issues due to migrations of infrastructure & are overwhelmed hence all downtime low response. I know they will sort it, give them a break, they deserve i

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since July, 2010

Hero to Zero in just 3 weeks
I've used HfW for many years, but something has changed over the last month, and changed very much for the worst.
My hosted sites have now been off-line for 18 hours with no updates, contact or notification from HfW.
Avoid! Avoid! Avoid!

Worst host ever
I used to be a big fan of HostForWeb, until my VPS started going down regularly. After a "maintenance upgrade" last week, server has been down for days, sometimes 12 hours at at a time. Support calls and tickets go unanswered. A nightmare.

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since May, 2011

24 hours and counting my dedicated server down
My "fully managed" dedicated server has been down for the past 24 hours with ZERO communication from tech support in the past 12 hours. They can't even tell me if my issue is being actively addressed. My 100+ hosted clients are not amused.

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since January, 2010

It takes over a month to extend an expiring website
So frustrating. The workers don't think or cannot think. They do not know exactly what to ask or write to customer to get the job done. It used to be a great company.

Services Period: Past customer during January, 2002 - April, 2017

Service is Sliding
I used to really like this host provider. But I think they must have recently incorporated an offshore call center to handle calls. They cannot understand my instructions, even when I add them to the tickets, myself.

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since January, 2001

Very bad experience
Incompetence, ignorance and poor communication is a simple way to describe this company. I regret making a decision to move my sites to hostforweb

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since June, 2016

Review HostForWeb