Hostwinds Reviews

Hostwinds
473 reviews of Hostwinds

Thanks for the great work so far and keep it up
I have used Hostwinds for assistance on getting our website online and posted. I've had to call support several times and I've always gotten a quick response back with appropriate answers. If there is ever a problem with one of our sites, the support team is right there to assist me in every way possible. Even though 99% of the time it was something to do with a configuration on our end, they help determine what the problem could be.

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since June, 2020

Thanks Hostwinds!
I have been with Hostwinds since 2010. They always respond quickly to any support issues and I also like their page load speeds. Thanks Hostwinds! And keep up the great service!

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since February, 2010

Highly recommend for those just getting started in hosting websites.
The migration to hostwinds went very well. They emailed me updates along the way. I like the way their site is organized, it's very easy to use. Highly recommend for those just getting started in hosting websites.

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since February, 2020

Good price, performance, and features
I would like to thank Hostwinds for their polite, prompt and effective assistance today. It took quite a lot of patience to help me as each of them has to pass on to the next to stay with me until late evening when Michael needs to go off from his shift and for Alex to continue on the next day. Also for their quick reply and proactiveness to a query I had over a suspicious mail which could have caused the problem I experienced. Kudos for an excellent team.

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since April, 2020

Pretty good uptime!
I was impressed not only with the price and product offered by Hostwinds, but the customer service was fantastic. I have had to use most of the popular hosting solutions available. They're alright but Hostwinds shared web hosting makes them look really cool. There is just no comparison. They all have a very positive, client-oriented attitude and give extraordinary service.

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since July, 2020

I'd recommend Hostwinds to pretty much everyone.
WOOHOO!!! You guys rock! You guys are awesome!! It works and OS commerce is working. I must confess after being let down on three prior occasions I had little hope that Hostwinds would be any different. But from the beginning, things were very different. From the special attention, I received during the initial transition, to the ”only client” feeling I get on the occasional support call, working with their team is like shopping at Nike. Thanks very much :)

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since May, 2020

Use at your own risk
Had hosting with them for a while. Similar offering to other hosting companies, nothing special.

BEWARE when signing up, they will (I find this very shady !) automatically input Contact details of someone in their company as Admin, Tech, etc. and if you want to leave, it will take FOREVER to do so because your domain name will be locked if you change the details yourself. Nowhere is this obviously stated. Online Chat is slow, frustrating and as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

DYOR thoroughly before using one of these larger providers. IMHO they are quick to take your money and make it very difficult for you to leave.

Finally, don't rely on PC Mag reviews.

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since August, 2018

Their VPS is a nice surprise for me.
Their VPS is a nice surprise for me.
No downtime, fast speed and friendly support staff is good and quality for me, due to which I have decided to stay with them even after 10 months.

Nice web host with helpful techs
I use hostwinds shared hosting for my e-commerce site that gets approx. 3000 visits/month. The supported features are much better than my previous web host. I do not want to say anything bad about my previous web host but with hostwinds I have everything done faster, the site loads faster, everything works great. Uptime is high enough (no downtime noticed). Support replies fast with no delays. Also, they have really nice prices for such a level of service.

Overall I have been very happy with HostWinds.
I have been using Hostwinds for a long while. I have had no issues with them. To my knowledge (I've had someone overseeing it for me) my site has only gone down one time in 8 years. I'd say that's pretty good. I've used their customer service and have been satisfied. Overall I have been very happy with HostWinds.

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since November, 2011

Review Hostwinds