Hostwinds Reviews

Hostwinds
407 reviews of Hostwinds

Use at your own risk
Had hosting with them for a while. Similar offering to other hosting companies, nothing special.

BEWARE when signing up, they will (I find this very shady !) automatically input Contact details of someone in their company as Admin, Tech, etc. and if you want to leave, it will take FOREVER to do so because your domain name will be locked if you change the details yourself. Nowhere is this obviously stated. Online Chat is slow, frustrating and as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

DYOR thoroughly before using one of these larger providers. IMHO they are quick to take your money and make it very difficult for you to leave.

Finally, don't rely on PC Mag reviews.

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since August, 2018

Their VPS is a nice surprise for me.
Their VPS is a nice surprise for me.
No downtime, fast speed and friendly support staff is good and quality for me, due to which I have decided to stay with them even after 10 months.

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since February, 2020

Nice web host with helpful techs
I use hostwinds shared hosting for my e-commerce site that gets approx. 3000 visits/month. The supported features are much better than my previous web host. I do not want to say anything bad about my previous web host but with hostwinds I have everything done faster, the site loads faster, everything works great. Uptime is high enough (no downtime noticed). Support replies fast with no delays. Also, they have really nice prices for such a level of service.

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since May, 2020

Overall I have been very happy with HostWinds.
I have been using Hostwinds for a long while. I have had no issues with them. To my knowledge (I've had someone overseeing it for me) my site has only gone down one time in 8 years. I'd say that's pretty good. I've used their customer service and have been satisfied. Overall I have been very happy with HostWinds.

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since November, 2011

I never had a problem that was not resolved within 24 hours.
A number of years ago, I chose Hostwinds. The next year was great - cheap hosting, with excellent support. When I had an issue, the person on the Hostwinds end either dealt with it, or provided access to someone who could. I never had a problem that was not resolved within 24 hours.

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since October, 2019

So far, so good.
A very helpful crew when I can't figure things out. (Which is ... routine.) There are still a few things I have NEVER been able to figure out, however...things that are likely super obvious to people more familiar with web pages and I often find that helpful videos and instructions still leave out "obvious steps" that I can't quite discern. Like: now go copy & paste that HTML...somewhere...well, where? I have no idea. So, some things don't get done ... but I muddle on. So far, so good.

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since March, 2020

Amazing and great.
Hostwinds has been great. I've had my own website migrated and was so pleased with the service that I've helped 8 of my customers migrate from other providers. The Hostwinds customer service has been amazing. The uptime and page load speed has been excellent.

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since November, 2019

Unique features, my experience has been good
At any rate, I like Hostwinds hosting service and would gladly recommend them. They do backups every day, so they got back my files and my blog started to run again and available to my visitors in 10 minutes. Their features have certainly gotten better and they now offer a lot more for the same price (visit their website and you'll see what I mean). If they maintain this level of service, I'm sure we will be a customer for a long time to come. Thanks.

I highly recommend Hostwinds web host
Response times are not always quick, especially at weekends, but the overall time to solve a problem is good because they don't waste time asking stupid questions. Hostwinds is a good host, and I've recommended them to several people who now also use them and are impressed with their uptime and website speeds. I had no hesitation in recommending hostwinds to my clients through work. Will continue using their hosting service for as long as physically possible.

Thumbs up to Hostwinds hosting!
I've started my blogging journey with the regular Hostwinds SSD shared hosting. It worked great for me until my blog started getting high traffic. My experience with my previous shared hosting wasn't that good. Excellent support, excellent response times.

Services Period: Active customer at the time of review. Customer since April, 2020

Review Hostwinds